by Judy Sander Cockrell
You've probably seen this one before, and like me, hung around to "chat" for a while. Is anybody home?
Does anybody really chat here?? Seems like somebody blew a whistle, and everybody went home. Hello?
This site is really a good one. You just have to give it a chance. There are a lot
of regulars that "stop by" to check the submissions, and, trust me, they know their stuff.
I start my day there, and end my day there. I feel like I know these people.
The trick: be patient.
The regulars that you will get to know are fun. They tease each other, and
goof off, talk about the weather, their kids, their dogs. but don't let them
fool ya. They know a lot. And they will share it.
A few things that you will need to remember to get the most out of this site:
- Start at the bottom, and read up. this is the days progression of chat.
- Read, read, read! Their ideas and comments are very informative.
- Be sure to post your surnames IN CAPS, and then feel free to surf around somewhere else for a while, go back later and see if anyone has left you any information.
- Read, read, read! See what direction the room seems to going that day.
- Follow their simple rules for posting, and dont be afraid to give it a try,
- Just to say hello. Be sure to leave your email with every post. Many use this mode to respond to your inquiry.
- Read, read, read! The archives are huge!! Tons of information to be had!
- Give it a chance, i think you'll go back.
And while your there... tell 'em Judy in Texas says "Hi!"
Visit genchat.genealogy.org today!
<< Turning Over New Leaves