War Ration Book Two
Office of Price Administration
- This book is the property of the United States Government. It is unlawful to sell or
give it to any other person or to use it or permit anyone else to use it, except to obtain
rationed goods for the person to whom it was issued.
- This book must be returned to the War Price and Rationing Board which issued it, if the
person to whom it was issued is inducted into the armed services of the United States, or leaves
the country for more than 30 days, or dies. The address of the Board appears above.
- A person who finds a lost War Ration Book must return it to the War Price and Rationing Board which
- Persons Who Violate Rationing Regulations Are Subject to $10,000 Fine or Imprisonment, or Both.
OPA Form No. R-121.
- This book is valuable. Do not lose it.
- Each stamp authorizes you to purchase rationed goods in the quantities and at the
times designated by the Office of Price Administration. Without the stamps you will be
unable to purchase those goods.
- Detailed instructions concerning the use of the book and the stamps will be issued
from time to time. Watch for those instructions so that you will know how to use your
book and stamps.
- Do not tear out stamps except at the time of purchase and in the presence of the
storekeeper, his employee, or a person authorized by him to make delivery.
- Do not throw this book away when all of the stamps have been used, or when the
time for their use has expired. You may be required to present this book when you
apply for subsequent books.
Rationing is a vital part of your country's war effort. This book is your
Government's guarantee of your fair share of goods made scarce by war, to which the stamps
herein will be assigned as the need arises.
Any attempt to violate the rules is an effort to deny someone his share and
will create hardship and discontent.
Such action, like treason, helps the enemy.
Give your whole support to rationing and thereby conserve our vital goods. Be
guided by the rule:
"If you don't need it, DON'T BUY IT."
SEE ALSO: How to Use Your New War Ration Book
Return to the Ration Book Index