Census Information Collected:
- Name of head of household
- Number of free white males: 3 and under 10, 10 and under 16, 16 and
under 26, 26 and under 45, 45 and over (including head of family)
- Number of Free white females: 3 and under 10, 10 and under 16, 16
and under 26, 26 and under 45, 45 and over (including head of family)
- Number of all other free persons, except Indians not taxed
- Number of Foreigners not Naturalized
- Whether engaged in Agriculture
- Whether engaged in Commerce
- Whether engaged in Manufacturing
- Free Colored Persons
- Number of Slaves
US Population: 8.1 million
free, 1.5 million slave
- National Archives and Records Adminstration catalog number - 1820.
M33 Rolls 1-142 .
- To obtain the specific catalog number for the roll for the state and
county you want, see the NARA
- For information about microfilm rental see NARA
Microfilm Rental Information
- Alabama and New Jersey only organized states missing.
States Enumerated: Alabama
(n/a), Connecticut, Delaware, District of Colombia, Georgia, Illinois
Territory, Indianna Territory, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts,
Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey(n/a), Ohio, New York,
North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee,
Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin (Michigan Territory).
Back to Census Main